You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||12 months ago|
|.github||12 months ago|
|tests||12 months ago|
|xrandroll||12 months ago|
|.flake8||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|.pre-commit-config.yaml||12 months ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|README.md||12 months ago|
|TODO.md||12 months ago|
|poetry.lock||12 months ago|
|pyproject.toml||12 months ago|
None of the existing display configuration tools does what I think is "the right thing". So I went and wrote one.
The Right Thing
- Don't start from a stored config, use xrandr to read the systems' current state
- Allow creating "profiles" that will get applied smartly (not there yet)
- Generate a xrandr invocation to reflect the desired configuration
- Allow per-monitor scaling
- Allow arbitrary monitor positioning
- Implement "scale everything so all the pixels are the same size"
If you have PySide2:
python -m xrandroll in the folder where you cloned it (of course deps are a problem,
this is experimental code, if you can't figure it out it's probably better for you 😊).
- Implement other things
- Forget about it forever